Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Cat's Issues by Trish Wentling and Bad Cat (art) by Richard Cody


MY CAT'S ISSUES
by Trish Wentling

Sitting on my wooden fence
In a tuxedo of black and white
Was my tomcat named Hortense.
I heard his desperate cry all night
Meowing at alley cats to be his friend.
Why he chose those
I will never know
Instead of his toy mouse
In the polka-dot pants.
I added toys that squeaked
And rubber frogs that leaped.
But still he headed outside
For the fence meowing with pride.
Phoning the vet, I hastily spewed the facts.
Vet's diagnosis: Turn him into an indoor cat.
I sleep better and stay awake all day
The little surgery put Hortense back on track.
But his yearning for females withered away.




Bad Cat (art) by Richard Cody

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love this!

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! Poor Hortense. Very nice poem. :)

R.S. Bohn said...

The poem's terrific. And I love the art! Wonderful!

Lisa said...

What a sweet poem! The ending made me smile. I LOVE the drawing. Well done.

Post a Comment